Who We Are
How we collect your information
How Your Information Is Used
The personal data we obtain is applied for the following purposes, namely to:
- Obtain payment of membership fees to fund the operation of the Club.
- Identify members on the English Chess Federation (ECF) Website.
- Submit details to the ECF to enrol Darnall & Handsworth Chess Club members as ECF members.
- Register members to play for Darnall & Handsworth Chess Club in competitions which Darnall & Handsworth Chess Club enters.
- Submit results of matches played to the ECF for grading purposes or to other organisations running competitions in which Darnall & Handsworth Chess Club participates.
- Communicating with members for the purposes of running the chess club, including selecting and organising teams and other chess events.
Consistently with this, the contact details provided to us by members may be used to contact them by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail for the purposes of the Chess Club.
We will hold personal data for as long as a person is a member and for a reasonable time afterwards. This data is held pursuant to the legitimate interests of Darnall & Handsworth Chess Club which is the basis on which your data as set out is processed.